12005 Sunrise Valley Drive
Reston, VA 20191
- Distribution & Supply Chain
- Mobility Services and Vehicles
Leslie brought her practice of mobility services and vehicle use law and franchising to Plave Koch PLC in April 2016. She is adept at counseling clients on franchise registration and disclosure matters, franchise relationship issues, and pre-litigation dispute resolution, as well as structuring franchise and other distribution systems in a variety of industries and bringing international systems to the United States. Additionally, Leslie is experienced in counseling clients on general commercial contract, and corporate organization matters.
Leslie's particular experience is in mobility services and vehicle use law. She counsels on vehicle/mobility regulatory compliance for the full range of mobility models and platforms, including traditional car rental, recreational vehicle rentals, dealer loaners, car-sharing, subscription, and multi-platform. In her previous firm, LaPlaca Pujo, P.C., Leslie was the partner of and successor to the late Michael LaPlaca, the unquestioned dean of vehicle rental law for nearly four decades. Leslie carries on that proud tradition at Plave Koch, where she also continues to oversee editing of the Federal and StateGuide© to Vehicle Rental Law.
Previously, Leslie served as an adjunct professor at The George Washington University Law School and at University of Maryland University College for several years. She is a frequent speaker on mobility services and franchising legal issues at the IFA Legal Symposium, the International Car Rental Show, the Recreational Vehicle Dealers Association Convention, and the MBA Insurance Rental School.
Leslie has served as director of MCCPTA Educational Programs, Inc., a nonprofit organization overseeing educational enrichment programs in science, foreign language and cultural arts.
Et le meilleur de tout, she is fluent in French!
- George Washington University Law School, Washington, District of Columbia
- Honors: J.D. with Highest Honors
- Senior Notes Editor, The George Washington Law Review
- Order of the Coif
- University of Toulouse I (D.E.S.S. with honors)
- Trinity University (B.A.)
- American Bar Association, Forum on Franchising and Section on Law Practice Management
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland
- Who’s Who Legal – Franchise 2019 and 2022
- Auto Rental News Impact Award – 2022