12005 Sunrise Valley Drive
Reston, VA 20191
- Distribution & Supply Chain
- Domain Names, Internet & Technology
Regina concentrates her practice in franchising and licensing and has over 20 years of experience with a variety of franchise, corporate and business development matters across a diverse range of industries. Regina's experience includes advising on transactional, regulatory and intellectual property issues important in developing and growing franchise programs; drafting and negotiating franchise, development, master franchise agreements and related licenses for domestic and international franchise systems; counseling franchisors with regard regulatory (FDD) compliance and on franchisee relationship issues; and providing franchisor executive training.
Regina represents clients of all sizes, from start-ups to Fortune 200 companies, and has developed a particular interest in the burgeoning field of healthcare and senior care franchising. Regina also advises franchise merger and acquisition transactions, private equity investments in franchise systems, and franchise issues in business securitization transactions.
Prior to entering law firm practice, Regina served in-house as the Assistant Counsel of Hooters of America, Inc., the national franchisor and operator of the "Hooters" restaurant chain. In that capacity, she directed and managed non-employment litigation and trademark activities; assisted in developing and implementing corporate, franchising, and employment practices and policies; conducted internal investigations of employment claims; and counseled unit managers on legal compliance and company policies and procedures.
Regina regularly speaks at industry seminars and professional training programs on franchising and intellectual property issues. Regina has received industry recognitions, including being named to Who's Who Legal - Franchise and The Best Lawyers in America© and has co-authored articles appearing in various franchise-related publications and seminar presentations. Regina is member of the ABA Forum on Franchising and the International Franchise Association.
- Emory University School of Law, Atlanta, Georgia
- J.D. - 1996
- University of Miami
- B.A. - 1993
- Honors: With Honors
- The Best Lawyers in America®
- The Best Lawyers - Women in the Law
- Who’s Who Legal – Franchise
- Washington, D.C.’s Best Lawyers
- District of Columbia, 1996
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Georgia State Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar Association
- American Bar Association (Business Law Section, the Forum on Franchising, and Young Lawyer Division, also served as on the Technology Committee for the Forum on Franchising)